Monday, January 9, 2012

Cheap Thrills

Yes, my 5 year old's crayons are now what I consider a cheap thrill.  They serve as both a cheap thrill for her (she loves to show off her colorful creations) and for me (I love to photograph colorful things).  These are what I call the simple pleasures in life...not exactly akin to a cup of tea and a good book but simple nonetheless.  These worn crayons make me think of something a good friend told me, "you should have friends from age 7 - 70."  I completely agree with this wise statement because I truly find as much joy in email exchanges with my Great Auntie as I do in conversations with children.  This is evident when you see a grandparent playing with their grandchild in the park, each person is enjoying the moment equally and for very different reasons but the fact that they are together heightens the experience.  Find something and or someone to play with and have a good laugh soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment