Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Personal Challenges


This post might seem a bit scatterbrained but stick with me...smile!  First off, I want to show you the difference between a photograph take in full auto and that same photograph that has been corrected in Photoshop to fix the color cast.  That's one heck of a difference, isn't it?  Can you imagine how much better your images would look if you either shot in manual and learned how to master your white balance or corrected them in PS afterwards?  Amazing...one of my personal challenges is to master white balance--I'm getting better but I am still working on the manual white balance setting.  I wish Macintosh would build a camera that was as easy as their computers, dang.

My inspiration today was cooking the family meal.  This is something I do almost every day and it truly is a labor of love.  I enjoy feeding people in general (I swear there is a little Italian Momma inside me somewhere among the Swedes, Norwegians and Germans!) so cooking is something I enjoy.  However, I tend to make this daily task more challenging than it probably should be by finding new recipes and diving into my cookbooks for something that might inspire me.  When I lived in Europe it was perfectly acceptable to eat a rotisserie chicken, potatoes, carrots and fresh bread 4 nights a week.  I never thought twice about it because it was so delicious and fresh.  Am I over complicating the daily meal or do we all do that?  Do I really need so many cookbooks (no) do I love them all (yes)?!  I think simplicity should be my next personal challenge...for now, I'll stick with perfecting my photography, cooking more and thinking less and sticking with one train of thought when I write!  What are your personal challenges? 

No comments:

Post a Comment