Thursday, January 12, 2012

If These Chairs Could Talk...

It's less than 30 minutes before the show starts and the chairs remain empty...but oh the stories they could tell if they could.  These red chairs have probably seen it all (especially since they are in Las Vegas).  I wonder how many people kissed in these chairs, or fought in them, or watched their team win in them, or watched their favorite performer from them?  I wonder...how many stories these red chairs could share if they could...how many people switched seats to avoid sitting in the #13 seat, or how many people switched in hopes of sitting in #13 (my friend Teaka would)?  How many kids saw their first crush singing from these seats or how many "girls night out" events took place in them?  I guess the nice thing is that everyone who sat in them, all of the millions of butts that occupied these dirty red chairs are all connected in some way.  That's pretty cool.  If life were a movie, we could rewind to see who sat in the same chair years prior and maybe it was someone we know now or are married to now or were married to once or just shared a moment together...or someday will?  Who knows, but it would be cool to hear the stories.  For tonight, they played host to thousands of yodeling children at Toy Story 3 On Ice and I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be a neat movie if it started with a grandparent taking their grandchild to their favorite stadium... telling stories of the sports players they watched and how their life unfolded around around major sporting events. Could be a good story with the 49er win - keep hearing about these people who have season tickets for 31+ years... its an interesting commitment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fascinating, Carrie! I often wonder about things like that...especially in Europe when I'm sitting in a very old place. Imagine if you could see who sat there 100 years before you! Gives me that Alice in Wonderland feeling. My imagination is already running wild because I just watched Coraline with my daughter this morning and it is very freaky (as far as kid movies go). We can even think about this with wine vines! Who enjoyed the fruit of the old vine before us? You know those fabulous old, knotty vines that have been producing for 30+ years (I love those). I wonder how many of us are connected through the same vine? Hmmmm

    By the way, we drove past Erik's Grooming wagon last night and I smiled.

    ReplyDelete