Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Playground in the Sky

Contrails make me happy because I know that someone up there is smiling down while I'm smiling up!  As I took my daily walk with my friend, Mary, I had to stop to admire the dozens of horizontal lines that danced in the blue sky above us.  I told her that it was a playground in the sky and some people were having fun today!  The sky was FULL of them and we could hear a random jet flying by as we walked.  I lamented that I wished I had brought my camera but something about the clunky Canon bouncing off my chest as I power walk just doesn't appeal to me...so I brought out the camera as soon as I got home.  The dozens of lines weren't as easy to capture from my new vantage point but this one just thrilled me!  It makes me think of Snoopy as the Red Baron flying across the sky with Woodstock in tow.  I love the electric look of the smoke as it fades away.  There she goes...awesome!  It's funny to look around and wonder if anyone else notices these things or if they ever look up at all?  It's really cool up there--check it out, it's a playground in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment