Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Beginnings

A friend gave me a calendar today entitled "New Beginnings" with the photo genius of Anne Geddes gracing each page.  Even though babies are not my "thing" (I only thought my own baby was adorable) I thought about the positive message these two words brought...new beginnings.  I've been watching too many documentaries on food, health and recently vanishing bees and have been a bit down on the government farming practices, lack of regulations and capitalism in general.  When I saw this winter rose in my backyard this morning my first thought was, "I wonder if the bee that pollinated this rose was healthy?"  I obsess about things like this when I have free time (and probably drive my hub nuts in the process) but it's like someone said once, "now that I know this, I can't unlearn it."  I'm sure I'll continue to educate myself on the horrors of mass farming, toxic chemicals in my childs lunches, the abundance of chlorine in my water and the unnecessary cruelty to animals but for today, I will focus on the simple beauty of something as wonderful and gentle as a pale pink rose.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin!! This is wonderful Only a couple photos in and you've already got me ferklempt. PLEASE, if you ever need inspiration to keep this up, just let me know...I'll kick your butt (for the selfish reason that I want to see more). Your commentary on this photo in particular resonated. Appears we should both lay off the documentaries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah!!! You're too sweet! I'm so happy to have you reading my posts. :D
    Cheers,
    k

    ReplyDelete