Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just Do It!

If you feel like shooting something but don't think you have time to leave the house, I bet you can find something right in your own kitchen!  Quit making excuses and just do it!  Here's a shot I took in mine...can you smell that basil?  I know tomatoes are not in season (and according to my book "French Women Don't Get Fat" I shouldn't even be bothering with them right now) but, I love them...even if they are not at their peak!  I guess I'm not French.  I really played around with this shot tonight.  I shot in auto, manual, Canon's "creative auto" mode (which I like), manual and auto focus and then I arranged and rearranged the items about 4 different ways before settling on this one.  I actually cropped out my kitchen rooster (who was going to be the focus of my post--c'est la vie!).  In case you are wondering (and if you are, I made a composition error), the "thing" behind the tomatoes is a brochen and not a potato.  Oops.  I guess the whole point here is to have fun with your subjects, play with your camera and enjoy the process as much as the product.  For my dear friend, Allison, this shot was taken on a manual setting (1/40, 2.8, 1000 ISO, I adjusted the white balance to tungsten light and I used my 50mm 1.4mm lens) -- no flash, of course. So, dust off your beloved camera and walk around your house for some inspiration and go crazy!  Then have a snack, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment