Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Simpler Times

I'm still in the North East and today my friend took me to this fabulous, old home to photograph.  It appeared abandon although there was mail in the new mailbox (yes, I looked)...then I started to get spooked (as I walked around) thinking some ghost would peek out of a window as if I were in some Scooby Doo episode...crazy, I know!  But, when you see a place like this, you can't help but imagine simpler times.  A time when kids played on tire swings instead of being carted from piano lessons to soccer practice, where people sat outside in the yard and sipped freshly made lemonade (mine would be spiked with moonshine, especially if there were a bunch of kids out there, I'm just saying), and you knew your neighbors.  There's so much to be said about simplifying your life, it's important to enjoy coming home and to enjoy your neighbors.  I hope our lives come full circle and we learn to simplify things before we are too old or it's too late.  In this busy, insane life I often dream of simpler times.

No comments:

Post a Comment