Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Dreams

Do you have happy dreams?  My daughter and I have always had nightmares.  When I first realized she had nightmares, I was so miserable for her because all my life they have haunted my sleep. So many nights I have awoken to the sounds of her sobbing in her room from night terrors, just as my husband has with mine.  Last year we took a fabulous vacation to Maui where I bought her this feathery craft.  I am embarrassed to say I have no idea what it's called but a friend who lived there once told me it was sort of an Hawaiian version of a dream catcher.  So, I bought this one in her favorite color, purple.  I told her he would take away her nightmares and protect her from bad thoughts while she slept.  Do you know that she has not had one nightmare since we hung him in her room last July?  The mind is a very powerful thing but I am happy just believing in the power of the dream catcher.  Happy dreams, my sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment