Friday, February 17, 2012

Fire

What is it about a fire that is so cozy?  It's such a powerful force yet we love to stare at it, to sit around it and feel its warmth on our skin.  Maybe it is the illusion of control or our symbiotic relationship with nature--we need that fire just as much as it depends on us to keep it going.  I love the ease of flipping a switch and my gas fireplace "magically" ignites but nothing tops the real thing...sitting around a campfire or a fire pit and enjoying a cool evening with people you enjoy.  I think I'll do that this weekend...the real thing.  It's so cozy!


post script, my original plan for tonights image was that of my husband waving his arms slowly as I shot him at a very low shutter speed to make the image appear as if he had no arms.  It was rather amusing to shoot...we shot several of each other and laughed through most of it.  Then we got quite artsy and twirled and changed f-stop and ISO and then lowered the shutter speed some more as we leaned against the wall in lieu of using the million dollar tripod we bought (too lazy to walk upstairs to get it).  How ridiculous.  I just couldn't post a blurry shot so I went with the more sobering and serene fireplace shot.  Now, it doesn't seem so lame, does it?  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment