Friday, February 3, 2012

With Love

Enjoy something wholesome today, a gift from nature to nourish your body.  Today I started reading a book called "If The Buddha Came To Dinner" and after a few short pages I am hooked.  The whole premise of the book is to treat the divine within you as you would if you met (and hosted) the divine in your home.  Your body, mind and spirit deserve to be treated with gentleness, kindness and love and this must start with YOU.  One of the ways I show love to my family is through feeding them healthy meals.  I feel responsible for the food my daughter eats and I feel love for meals I offer my husband and friends.  It is reasonable to treat myself with the same responsibility and love, but so often I turn to what is quick and easy instead and forget to honor my own needs.  This is something I've worked on changing over the past few years and I can feel the difference in many ways.  I feel better, look better and my spirit is truly healthier because of this shift in thinking.  We are only able to love others completely when we love ourselves first.  If the Buddha came to my house for dinner tonight, I would happily offer these blueberries I bought for my family and share them.  I will keep the wine in the wine fridge for another visitor...wink wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment