Monday, February 27, 2012

Color and Form

My friend Jill taught me that color is not what you see but how it makes you feel.  How does red make you feel?  Jill says that red makes you hungry so it is a great color in the dining room.  I don't know what it is about this red glass pendant I love so much but I do.  It makes me smile as it hangs over my kitchen table.  It reminds me of the pendant light at Starbucks and I guess I associate that with joy in some silly way.  As for the design, I love the curvy, flowing movement in it's shape.  It feels like water to me and the shapes between the lines make me think of fish swimming up toward the top like salmon.  The salmon make me think of Alaska, a place I once lived and enjoyed, and Alaska makes me think of my friend Jill, and the color red.

No comments:

Post a Comment