Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Special Little Places

I have always been drawn to private, little places.  When I was a child I was obsessed with building forts, whether it was leaning my mattress against the closet door and hiding inside or creating a personal retreat out of our old shed or creating an environment made completely of snow...it didn't matter as long as it was something I could call my own.  Now that I'm grown up, I still love these little places, I just don't build them in the snow anymore--I just hunt for bistro tables and chairs at estate sales (that's a fancy word for a garage sale, smile) and happily set them up around my home.  Even if I rarely sit in these chairs, they make me smile just looking at them.  They are an option...always waiting and always a reserved table, just for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment