Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Thousand Prayers, A Tryptich



As I put my daughter to sleep tonight I thought about what image I wanted to capture for my blog.  I sat and listened to her fall asleep, her breathing became more and more relaxed and her little fingers and legs would jerk as sleep overcame her...and I thought about how much I loved her and how happy I was to have her.  This usually takes me to prayer, to tell God how grateful I am for being so blessed.  So, tonight I pulled out a very special candle that I bought at a Greek Orthodox church last year (at their infamous Greek Festival--a must, by the way).  This candle is made of the drippings of hundreds of prayer candles that were recycled to make single pillars.  I love to light it an imagine the thousands of prayers this wax has heard, to be part of the collective faithful moves me and brings joy to my soul.  This time, I said a prayer of appreciation for all the goodness in the world, in spite of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment