Sunday, May 27, 2012

Monster High

"This is how they say 'cheers' on Monster High" she said...I remember living in my own world as a kid too and now it's fun to watch it from the outside.  I love that my daughter has this bond with her dear friend.  My heart feels heavy thinking of them being apart as her friend is moving in one, short week.  Forever.  I never saw my childhood friend again when we moved though her memory lingers in my mind and in my heart forever.  Her name was "Cookie" and her mom was like my mom (spankings and all)!  We lived 1 house apart and it might as well have been under the same roof because we were inseparable.  When I was punished she would talk to me through my bedroom window and then go ask my mom if I could play because she was lonely (that Catholic guilt worked every time!).  Although I still feel her presence in my heart, we never were able to grow up together, meet each others kids or have coffee.  I wish that for these two because they are two peas in a pod.  It makes me sad to think they won't...

No comments:

Post a Comment