Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Big Trip

Well, this is finally it, "Nepal-Eve" if you will.  He leaves tomorrow for the big trek through the Himalayas and here's a glimpse of the packing madness.  I am full of emotion over this trip...excited, jealous, thrilled, sad to miss him, anxious, stressed out, happy...it's all there.  Most of all, I'm curious.  I am curious to hear all about it, curious to see the images he'll masterfully capture, curious to see if this trip changes him in any way.  These trips can be very meditative and centering and his life (our life) has been on fast forward for the past two years now and neither of us has had (or chose to make any) meditative time.  I am also hopeful that it's everything he wants and more.  We'll see!  I just hope he doesn't forget to pack the Imodium!  Yeesh.

2 comments: