Sunday, May 6, 2012

Artifice

This place always grabs me, I like the neon, the pop art-syle image, the multicolored bricks and the location--in the Arts District.  I've never gone inside, nor am I interested in going inside (a bar) but I still like it.  I also noticed how the "R" in "Artifice" always flickers on and off and wonder if it is intentional or just a broken letter--either way, it adds character to the place.  The windows are massive for a bar in Vegas since most places have few, small or no windows due to the excessive heat they let in and potential for breakage.  This makes me wonder if it used to be a studio of some sort (especially since it's in the Arts District).  It's fun to think about the life of a building, the whole "if walls could talk" concept...so many different people with different intentions for the same space is cool to me.  I guess for now, it's "Artifice" the bar.


Nepal Update: He made it!  LA to Hong Kong to Bangladesh to Katmandu...over 2 days of travel and he meets his guide at 0630 for the trek!  I hope he gets some gooooood sleep tonight and more importantly, wakes up on time in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment