Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reverence


Well, I missed my post yesterday.  I sat in bed at 9:30 so tired I couldn't get out of bed and didn't lift my camera all day anyway. I think I had to cry "uncle" and just give myself a rest.  Life has been flying by at warp speed and it really needs to slow down.  Some things need to be attended to and here's one of them...the hub flew to the AFA last week to attend another memorial service for his good friend who was killed last year in Afghanistan.  This was probably the 10th memorial (I lost count) for Frank's family and hopefully, it's done now and they can begin healing.  (This was on the one year anniversary of his death.)  I could not attend so I am using Shane's images for this post because I want them here.  Sometimes life gets so busy that we forget to reserve time to be reverent.  Nothing is more important for settling your soul and calming your spirit.  It is also important for those so deserving of our time and I have found that my time is the most valuable thing I can give these days.  It's more precious than anything else to me.  Two widows stand before the marching troops as two benches were dedicated to these men.  The statue stands among the lost souls. Since my husband is also a flier he shot this picture of the helmet in hand, an image he sees almost daily and the familiarity is calming to most.  Sad to others.  They deserve our reverence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment