Saturday, April 28, 2012

Price of Fun

I can't help but show my age here...HOLY CRAP THAT'S EXPENSIVE!  I just have to wonder how teenager are surviving this insanity?!  When I was a teenager my freedom was in direct proportion to how much gas I had in my car.  I would scrape up quarters I found around my parents house to fill my tank--and that's all it took!  It never cost more than $12 to fill my 12 gallon, baby blue, Chevy Chevette beast!  I gag at paying $69 (and I can afford it) just to head out on a camping weekend (which used to be a cheap get-a-way, right?)!  Dang!  Things like this make me want to go political on someone...it's too bad there really is a price of fun (and $69 seems to be it for me this weekend).


FYI, I was too pooped to post this last night...Dad got stuck at DIA so I had to drive us to Utah (I know, a whopping 3 hours away, it was an easy, beautiful drive) and by the time we crashed...I was done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment