Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cookies

Key lime cookies with buttery lime frosting, yummmm!  Ok, so I really don't want to write about cookies, I want to write about inspiration.  I have learned that the more I research the work of other photographers, the more inspired I become.  I'm always striving to be better and lately, I'm searching for my "signature style" (not just because my teacher told me to).  I find it so much easier to recognize the signature style of others, I am sure this is normal but it's also very frustrating.  When I was looking through my friend Jennifer Larkin's 365 photography project I was inspired by one of her cookie shots today (I wanted to eat them AND photograph them).  I can tell that her signature style is a shallow depth of field, she also creates very beautiful images that give you a glimpse into her world.  (www.jenniferlarkinphotography.com -- her 365 is on her FB page) I know that I love to photograph weird stuff and I tend to use a wider depth of field but I'm still not sure if I have a style yet...I'm still a work in progress.  By the way, if you haven't made cookies lately, do it, they make your house smell yummy!  

3 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMM cookies!sory i havnt been on in a wile i just had states and now everythins been rily crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Sweet Olivia! I wish I could feed you the rest of these darn cookies! They are so good but I'm not a gymnastic diva like you so I can't eat them all. By the way, we really need to talk about your spelling...it scares me a little..smile!
    Smooches,
    k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sry this is how rite wen im txtin and its faster

      Delete