Monday, April 2, 2012

Big Boy in Barstow

Here's a shot of an American food icon, Bob's Big Boy, as seen off interstate 15 in Barstow, CA.  Apparently, Big Boy restaurant started in 1936 in Glendale, CA and this statue is the likeness of a boy who would frequent the place and order the sandwich.  I'm sure, if he were alive today, the boy would be about as big as the statue because that is one, big, pile of fatty junk food!  I honestly have never been inside a Big Boy, nor have I ever wanted to taste one of these burgers but I'm sure plenty of American's have indulged and probably love them...maybe that's one of the reasons we are the most obese country on the planet!  That darn Big Boy is throwing off the weather patterns and screwing up ocean tides because of his fatty burger!  Ok, that might be a bit dramatic but it really is interesting that the double-decker burger became popular over 60 years ago!  I love the plasticity of the statue since that whole Americana look appeals to me, but my heart (and arteries) can do without this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment