Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Places


When I stand before the waves I often feel like this little bird, small but safe.  I think this is why the ocean (or any large body of water I can't see across) is my happy place.  Some days, though, I feel like a scared, overwhelmed little bird who can't remember how to fly away.  Like my wings aren't talking to my brain and I forgot that I could fly away before the powerful waves suck me in.  I felt like that when I woke up in the middle of the night last night.  I felt powerless and scared and completely overwhelmed by my perceived problems.  Then I remembered to pray.  I remembered that  my wings are my prayers and I could use them to fly from danger and into a safer, happier place.  It wasn't the instant relief I craved but it was a start...my path feels a lot less challenging today.

No comments:

Post a Comment