Thursday, January 9, 2014

Birds on a Wire


I have watched these birds congregate here every morning as I drive my daughter to school.  It doesn't matter the weather (it was foggy this morning), they come and go but a steady presence remains and a lot of chirping ensues.  I wonder what they are saying to each other, if they bore each other with stories of the weather of if they impress each other with tales of near misses by fast moving trucks.  They are all black birds so I can't really tell if they are male or female but I have a hunch it's the males out there escaping the nest for the morning while Momma is weaving a new piece of hair in the bed or sitting on some eggs.  Who knows, but one thing I love to consider is that we are all social creatures, we all enjoy someone to talk to and even better, someone who listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment