Friday, July 20, 2012

Faith

Just when I was having so much fun with Barbie, something terrible happens and propels me back into reality.  The shocking news of the shooting at the Aurora movie theater, the very same location I used to love going to as a teenager, the place where I saw "Footloose" with my two best friends one winter and danced around the parking lot, in the dark, after the show...is now a place of horrible tragedy.  Such senselessness is everywhere and probably always has been but the media brings it right into our lives, in color, and it stings and creates an unforgettable memory in your brain.  Because of this, I found myself at my church today, lighting a candle for those affected by this and all of the sad stories we read about each day.  Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment