Monday, July 9, 2012

Popsicle Toes

Does this image conjure up the taste of childhood?  It does for me.  I can literally taste each flavor (or imitation flavor, as it were) on my tongue as I look over these slender gems.  I remember them melting in my warm hands before I could finish so I would drink the melted, sugary liquid before asking for another one.  We would then wrap the plastic around our fingers and watch it uncurl as we threw each one in the trash can.  It was another cheap form of entertainment I enjoyed so much back then.  I wrote the title "Popsicle Toes" because I was suddenly brought back to my adult world and smiled when I thought of a favorite version of the song by the fabulous jazz musician, Diana Krall (although, I think I heard somewhere she hated it now and wouldn't sing it anymore--whatever, I love it).  So, now my childhood and my adulthood have melted into their own sugary goodness and I'm diggin it...

No comments:

Post a Comment