Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Embracing Banality

As an artist I feel that it's important (for me) to explore every genre of photography as I also explore every part of myself.  I was researching banality in photography and found this great article, "Embracing Banality" and wanted to share: http://photoartsmagazine.blogspot.com/2012/07/embracing-banality.html
It's hard to take pretty pictures when you don't feel pretty...although, I found it rather easy to embrace my banal side today because I feel crummy.  I have a nasty cold, my eyes are tired, my butt is sore from sitting in a cheap rental car for 4 hours driving through the desert, it's windy and cold (did I say I hate wind?) and I am ready for my NyQuil and a junky magazine now.  When you're feeling crummy why not explore your own banality?  It's something...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment