Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stockholm City Hall

Here's a shot I took at City Hall this morning.  This is a statue that was carved into one of the pillars that surround the structure.  It's a beautiful place and quite a different vibe from any City Hall you'll see in the states!  I do think the creepy baby on his shoulder is a bit strange...but so is Sweden and they seem to like things that way.  I love the pagan influence all over the city--this building has astrological signs painted all around the rooftop, it's beautiful.  They are now preparing for the longest night of the year (summer solstice) and I wish I didn't have to leave the night before the festivities begin but then again, I don't know if I could hang with this crowd...they are total night owls.  Off to drink a vodka in an ice glass tonight...good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment