Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happiness is a Red Balloon


Well, I did it, I painted my first piece for someone else (other than myself).  It was so much harder than I expected to create a piece for a friend.  I found myself over thinking the art and until I let my mind go, I couldn't let my hands work.  I finally freed my mind and created a piece today.  It's acrylic on wood.

Here's my artist statement:

My painting represents some of the things that make me smile.  The ocean has drawn me in and soothed me in more ways than I could have ever expected.  It has made me feel safe and small, it has taken my stressors and made me light, like a colorful balloon.  The red represents my fiery spirit, my redheaded daughter, and my heart, all of which make me feel happy and free.  The lovely seashell is my steadfast love, my everything, my safe place, my beautiful, complex, husband.  He rests and waits patiently for me to fly until I am ready to settle back down and float to him.  He is not jealous or anxious, he enjoys watching me float around smiling in the breeze.

The tiny sunflower is my signature…it is another symbol of all of the friends and family who have given me so much sunshine and love throughout my life.

love,
k


No comments:

Post a Comment