Monday, September 17, 2012

Scarecrow

I wish this lovely little scarecrow would scare away summer for me!  I thought if I put out my fall decor, it would at least feel a little cooler...but alas, the triple digits still remain.  She does make me very happy though (this is the "Mommy" one, we have one for each of us, I'm sure the hub is thrilled).  I also put up wreaths made from grapevines and there are some dried leaves still wrapped around the vines, it makes me think of how amazing it was to live in Carmel during harvest.  What a gift!  Everyone is so joyful this time of year at the wineries as they prepare the new wines in hopes of a fabulous vintage and harvest dinners are enjoyed by the families and their patrons.  I think our best family autumn was spent in California because we were able to enjoy all the season had to offer and even taste a huge variety of organic squash and pumpkin at Earthbound Farms, yum!  We'll see what we can dig up around Vegas...fingers crossed that we find a pumpkin patch but I'm not holding my breath. My cute scarecrow will have to do for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment