Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blessings

When it comes to blessings, I'll take all I can get from whomever is willing to offer them.  I was delighted to meet a lovely man named Peter in Boston who maintains an alleyway full of the Catholic Saints.  The brick walls are adorned with every saint known to man.  It's really a feast for the eyes and the soul.  He was kind to invite us in to see the entire area "Saint Alley" because he keeps it behind a locked door (tourists can see some it from the outside, but not the entire space).  I thought this was an appropriate post on yet another day of mourning as we learn of more senseless violence and death in the Middle East.  Seems insane to me to kill someone over a moronic, poorly made video...I will never understand people.  I'm just glad to have met Peter at Hannover and Battle in the North End, a gentle soul who made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment