The Sunflower Chronicle has dormant for 10 years but this flower is back in bloom! Please enjoy this journey with me and create some of your own beauty this year. I love comments and feedback so drop me a line sometime. Namaste.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
10pm
It's self-portrait time! Maybe I'll even leap into March with a series of self-portraits. This is a very challenging thing for most photographers because we tend to feel much more comfortable behind the lens (sober anyway). Just like any meal I cook--I criticize myself to death...the bags under my eyes, the new wrinkes, my hair style, my gazillion freckles...blah blah blah. I go nuts when I hear my girlfriends do it and then I'm a big hypocrite. So, here's my first self-portrait for an assignment I'm doing in my portraiture class. I know it needs work but I do want to incorporate mirrors and this was NOT easy to get into focus. I took hundreds before I stopped at this one. Plus, my bathroom (the whole darn house) is this awful off-yellow color that gives every image an ugly color cast that must be fixed in PS no matter what my white balance setting. So, black and white at least gives it an even tone without that nasty color cast. It makes it harder to see the ugly bags under my eyes too...smile. It is now past my bedtime...it's after 10pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why Not a Bird with a Cupcake on Her Head? Lately, I’ve been feeling emotionally heavy and in desperate need of some levity. Enter this we...
-
When I see an American Flag at half staff I feel a pit in my stomach wondering who is mourning who and why. It's usually for someone ...
-
Wasn't life simple when you were 5 years old? I hope it was, that's what it should be. It should be about uncontrollable giggles...
-
Meet Chocolate, my daughter's new pet ladybug. She was found at the park and lovingly carried home to find a new residence in our gar...
No comments:
Post a Comment