Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A walk with my dog


There's no better therapy than taking a walk with my dog on a clear morning.  I think it makes her just as happy as it makes me, which brings me even more pleasure.  As she lays beside me while I type or follows me around the house (my shadow), she gives more love than I'm capable of giving.  If you ever had a pet you loved, you know this feeling...it's a pretty wonderful gift.

My sister says good-bye to one of her old friends today and my heart is heavy for her.  I know the razor sharp pain of this loss all too well and I hate that her family is experiencing it now too.  The only thing that comforts me is the image of our dogs playing together across the Rainbow Bridge and then probably sitting beside our dad at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment