Is graffiti art? Is it art if it is executed exceptionally well or is it still just graffiti...or, is it graffiti art? I know that my conservative Grandfather would have said, "It's all vandalism." I'm one of those people that have complete double standards when it comes to "graffiti art" because when I view something I think looks like it took real talent (and is not pornographic) I think it's quite artful; however, when it's really crude or looks like a scribble on a building, I think it's vandalism. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a genuine appreciation for crude and pornographic art...but I don't want to drive by it with my kid staring out the window asking me questions.
The Sunflower Chronicle has dormant for 10 years but this flower is back in bloom! Please enjoy this journey with me and create some of your own beauty this year. I love comments and feedback so drop me a line sometime. Namaste.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Art or Graffiti?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why Not a Bird with a Cupcake on Her Head? Lately, I’ve been feeling emotionally heavy and in desperate need of some levity. Enter this we...
-
When I see an American Flag at half staff I feel a pit in my stomach wondering who is mourning who and why. It's usually for someone ...
-
Wasn't life simple when you were 5 years old? I hope it was, that's what it should be. It should be about uncontrollable giggles...
-
Meet Chocolate, my daughter's new pet ladybug. She was found at the park and lovingly carried home to find a new residence in our gar...

Check out the movie "Exit Through the Gift Shop" I wouldn't have thought I'd have found a documentary about graffiti artists interesting, but I did...for some of the same reasons you mention above.
ReplyDeleteIt's on my netflix list, thanks, Sarah!!! :D
ReplyDelete